I've got a general Linux (or I should say, non-windows) question.  Why do most (if not
all) Linux
web browsers not support the Backspace key as 'Back' in the web browser.  'Back' is
something you
hit all the time, and I'd rather use a keyboard shortcut than generate all those mouse
miles
sliding up to the 'Back' button on the toolbar that is all the way up at the upper
left hand
corner of the window.  I know, I know.  ALT+LeftArrow is the keyboard shortcut in most
of the
Linux browsers.  But that's one single width key, and on 1.5 width key that I've got
to navigate
to hit, while the Backspace key is a double width key, in a very prominate location.

I'm not flaming, or trolling.  This is a very serious question to me.  Is there a
reason why
Backspace could not be captured by the browsers?  Is it already defined at the system
level for
something else?  Or is this a desicsion that's made by each browser's developer
community.

Also, I was curious if anyone else had thought about this.

Thanks,

Chris