>On Wednesday 02 Apr 2003 9:28 pm, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>> I apologize for the off topic post, but I have been searching for a
>> personal database application for linux.  I have a friend that is makin>g

>> the transition from MS to linux and she is hoping that their is somethi>ng

>> that can replace her old dBase III (She didn't care for Access and didn>'t

>> see a need to change
>>
>> from what worked.).
>>
>> The vast majority of what I run across seems geared for the programmer >and

>> web based engines.  Does anyone know of a basic database app that would>
be
>> appropriate for her?
>>
>Barry - I haven't used it, but Star Office handles databases, basically i>n
>spreadsheet format, but there's a form designer with it.  That's about al>l
>know about it.

SO 5.2 had an add on called Adibas (I know I trashed the spelling on that one.).
 But, I haven't checked out 6.0 to see if it has the database app as well.
I'll look into it.  Thanks.

Barry
Internet Access, Shared & Dedicated Web Hosting.
Colocation and Domain Name Registration at http://www.lanset.net