Dear all,

I have a 20GB hard disk with a 5GB primary partition(C drive, DOS partition) and 15GB logical partition(D drive, extended DOS partition). The C drive has WinME and all application softwares and has 3.74 GB of free space. The D drive has all my data and has 9.84 GB of free space. I want to install Mandrake Linux 9.1 on this box.
    i want to have a dual boot system and donot want to lose any existing data.

can anyone please suggest how do i repartition my disk. ive read a few articles and HOWTOs on this and frm what i gather is that a dual boot system should look like this:

           1)Windows partion (FAT32)
           2)Linux partition
           3)Swap partition
           4)Partition for data accesible from Windows and Linux(FAT32)

       now these articles explained this repartitioning when their original disk had a single primary dos partition. so my problem is how do i repartition my disk which has a primary and a logical partition?

   also i have 128MB RAM. so what should be the size of my Swap partition?

      thanks for your help .

          ak.

Do you Yahoo!?