On Wednesday 02 April 2003 11:40 pm, Anonymous wrote:
> I have looked at the USR page entitled "Configuring
> U.S. Robotics Modems for use under Unix-Type Systems"
> ... but I can't understand the instructions.
>
> I'm using kppp as the dialer, and still have the init
> strings that were suggested by Stephen Kuhn (btw,
> Stephen, I am unable to send email to you ... comes
> back with an error message)
>
> ...could it be that I need to change the init string
> to fit the external modem?
>
> Is there anyone on this list who is using this
> external modem, and who can suggest a workable init
> string?
>
> Here is what is happening: Modemconf detects the modem
> on ttyS0. Modem Query goes well ....
>
> The connection messages are as follows:
>
> AT&F &C1 &D2 E1 Q0 V1
> OK
> ATM0L0
> OK
> ATDT (tel #)
> CONNECT 26400(or28000)/ARQ
>
> At this point, with "starting pppd" at the bottom of
> the Script Debug Window, and "Logging on to Network
> ..." on the "Connecting to:" window, it starts over
> ("modem ready .... etc") ... continuous loop.
>
> Any ideas on solutions???
>
> Thanks.
>
> Rita

     Have you double checked your user name and password settings in your
dialup connection?  Perhaps a o instead of a 0 or a 1 instead of a i or l
upper case letter wher a lower case letter should be used, some ISPs are case
sensitive on login.
    It sounds like everything is working fine up until the username and
password varification.

--
Marc
KM5KW