Ken Walker wrote:

Xperience

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of Chris Fox
Sent: 29 March 2003 4:51 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]; robin
Subject: Re: [newbie] is this the last mandrake?

XP is a piece of crap, ME is a piece of crap, W95 and W98 were pieces of
crap, but W2K is not a piece of crap. When they did W2K they did something right,

and even some of my hardest-core Solaris/BSD droogies admit grudgingly that W2K was a break from the mold.

Re: Mandrake: I fervently hope it lives forever because I happen to really like it and of all the distros I've installed, I think it's the friendliest.

I know that doesn't carry much weight in this community and I don't mean it in the sense of "just click" and " you don't have to read any books" or even

"watch the pretty lights, kid"; I mean Mandrake makes me want to get more involved, while others like Debian seem to have a deliberately high barrier to entry for the newbie.

I agree W2K is the best windblows distro, my friends who have XP rate it poorly,
but W98 2nd ed. is not so bad really. Mostly let down by it's file system.

I hope Mandrake can servive it is badly needed.

John

--
John Richard Smith
[EMAIL PROTECTED]