On Saturday 05 April 2003 04:51 am, robin.bcc wrote:
> Dan Johnson wrote:
> >Hi all I can't find the info I need to get my HP
> >Deskjet 932C printer working in Openoffice 1.0 in MD
> >9.1 any help would be appreciated but please be very
> >specific for I am  a newbie of all newbies in linux.
> >TIA
>
> I've also had problems, though not as bad.  I've found it
> will only work after applying the kind of solutions I
> used to use in my Windows days: switch printer off and
> on, log in and out etc.  Sounds like a blocked pipe, so
> to speak.
>
> Sir Robin

Switching printers off and on is definitely not the linux
way. I have a HP 930 C which I suppose is very close to
Dan's 932 C. I'll admit that initially I had some problems
(in 9.0 that is - waiting for my pre-ordered 9.1 to arrive)
with this printer. However, visiting
http://www.linuxprinting.org
solved those.

Please give some additional information :

What printing system ? ( I prefer CUPS)
What do you use for configuration ( printerdrake  - webmin)?
Is this an Open Office problem only ?
Did you download the hpijs driver form HP ?

Printers are notoriously tricky, but HP seems dedicated to
linux, so eventually your 932 C will work OK, I'm sure.

And Dan : don't apologize for being a newbie. We all are.
And will forever be. And we're proud of it.

Kaj Haulrich.
--
Registered Linux user  # 214073 at http://counter.li.org