Hi.

I want to install the linux Kernel on my computer so I
can experiment with it.  I already have Mandrake 9.1
and I got the source code for the Kernel.  I also got
instructions from someone who told me if I follow
their instructions I'd be able to install it
perfectly.

The thing is, when I log in to the Kernel version of
Mandrake 9.1 I see the same user files as the ones in
the normal installation of Linux.  I'm prety sure that
the Source Code version is not supposed to share any
user documents with the normal version.

Can anybody point me to another set of instructions
that will tell me how to *correctly* add the Source
Code version of the Kernel on my computer?

Thanks.
Raja