On Friday 04 Apr 2003 11:16 pm, Derek Jennings wrote:
> This is Mandrake 9.0 you are using here is it?
>
> I had no trouble at all with that RPM on 9.0
>
> derek

Oops. I misread your page. However, if I uninstall 1.5.1-1 and install 1.4.2-1
to go with mdk 8.2, I get this:

Preparing...                ##################################################
courier-imap                ##################################################
/var/tmp/rpm-tmp.63603: =/var/run/authdaemon.courier-imap: No such file or
directory
mkdir: cannot create directory `': No such file or directory
IMPORTANT NOTE:
Be SURE to have a Maildir directory in the users home directory
containing a Maildir spool, or else you cannot login!
[EMAIL PROTECTED] richard]# service courier-imap start
/etc/init.d/courier-imap: gprintf: command not found
/etc/init.d/courier-imap: gprintf: command not found
/etc/init.d/courier-imap: gprintf: command not found
/etc/init.d/courier-imap: gprintf: command not found

There's something on a French Mandrake list about this gprintf error. Babel
says:

"the function gprintf is definie in the file/etc/init.d/functions Normalement,
the files of launching of services (Sxxxx) must launch it at the beginning.
Certain scripts test even the presence of the file before launching it. Look
in another file and checks that it is done same way in this file
S80courier-IMAP. It is possible that there is a bug. It is necessary that the
line comprises a point and a space before the name of the file it is
imperative example. Checks also the presence of the file functions. Will also
see in this file if the function gprintf is well defined (can be the file
functions was corrompu). Any chance checks the right of the file functions,
normally only the rights of reading would be necessary but on my machine its
right are - rwxr -- R -- (744) and the owner is root."

Even in English, that would be over my head. And look:

# cat `ls /etc/init.d/*` | grep gprintf | wc -l
# 165

What does this function look like?

RichardA