On Sun, 2003-04-06 at 14:02, Roland Hughes wrote:
> Have installed Mandrake 9.1 on a new box I built, P4 2.4 GHZ, 512 ram,
> 120 GB HD, and am having a few problems.
>
> 1) I use evolution and brought the folder over, but after I tried to
> install the NVidia drivers it will not start and when I tried it from a
> command line it complained about not finding the "default font". I have
> looked everywhere and cannot locate where you define the default font.

You should be able to set the default font with gconf-editor; this
generally should resolve the issue with Evo starting up and getting it's
fontset straight.

> 2) I used to use Galeon as my browser, and set up a few "save session
> as" sessions but the new one has no save session menu seclection.

Ha! You're right! I just tried it (not that I used it before) and
couldn't find it anywhere! But I did find out how to get "My Portal"
back working the way I used to like it...strange...but I'm still not
going to complain about this version of Galeon - faster still...

> 3) I then tried Mozilla for my mail but I have to set it up everytime I
> start it. It does not seem to save anything and the folders seem to have
> the right "rights".

If you don't mind my asking, why are you wanting to use MozzieMail
instead of say, Balsa, Sylpheed, Kmail or Evolution? I installed
Nutscrape 7.01 and use it's mail client for testing reasons - definitely
a more stable dog than the MozzieMail...

> Have been working at supporting an election (12-14 hours a day, 7 days a
> week for 3-4 weeks) ,keeping freedom strong, so my brain is semi fried
> and I am  sure I am missing something obvious .
> Any help is much appreciated.
> Roly

Ha! Glad I don't get to vote until I'm a citizen of Oz - great reason to
NOT vote in the US elections as I'd have to travel all the way up to
Sydney to get to the US Consulate to vote - NOT.

--
Sun Apr  6 21:05:01 EST 2003
 21:05:01 up 16 days,  8:52,  2 users,  load average: 0.06, 0.11, 0.10
|            __    __          | kuhn media australia            |
|           / ,, /| |'-.       | http://kma.0catch.com           |
|          .\__/ || |   |      |=================================|
|       _ /  `._ \|_|_.-'      | stephen kuhn                    |
|      | /  \__.`=._) (_       |  email: [EMAIL PROTECTED] |
|      |/ ._/  |"""""""""|     |  email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]    |
|      |'.  `\ |         |     |    icq: 5483808                 |
|  smk  ) /_/| |.-------.|     | mobile: 0410-728-389            |
|      '  `-`' "         "     | Berkeley, New South Wales, AU   |
 linux user:267497 * MDK 9.1 * PC/Mac/Linux/Networking/Consulting
 machine no:194239 * RH 7.3 * Sales - Service - Support - Tutor
** This messages was composed on a 100% Microsoft free computer **

        "I thought you were trying to get into shape."
        "I am. The shape I've selected is a triangle."