On Thu, 5 Jun 2003 11:12:17 +0100
Anne Wilson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I don't have any answers for you, but just wonder why you particularly
> want to run iscan?

I'm interested in the front-end and driver combo. My understanding is
that scanning is not only a technical issue, but also an artistic
one--scanners work differently, and one's drivers must properly stroke a
scanner to get excellent images. This has been true in the recent past
with Epson scanners concerning sane vs. iscan drivers.

My guess is that when Epson moved from 1.4 to 1.5, there was probably an
improvement in scanning quality. 'Course, I could be wrong. Maybe there
was an improvement to iscan and not the drivers.

Either way, I'd like to be able to see it in action myself and I can't.

Miark