I have iscan 1.5 runing fine under Mandrake 9.1, you just need to make a
change in a file:

A) As root go to the /etc/sane.d/ directory

B) edit the file epson.conf (for example with mc or kwrite); go to the end of
the file, uncomment (erase the # symbol) the line that has:
#usb /dev/usb/scanner0; so it will be:
usb /dev/usb/scanner0

And that it's all; you will have iscan runing fine.

--
Francisco Alcaraz Ariza
Murcia, España (Spain)