On Fri, 2003-06-06 at 01:09, Leon Adato wrote:
> I have to say that, coming from an M$ Windoze environment, where I
> relied heavily on Outlook to manage email, calendar, and addresses,
> Ximian Evolution is a terrific application to bridge the transition.
>
> I've read several boards but found no definitive information on the
> following Evolution-related questions:
>
> 1) Can you import Outlook email (from .pst files)?

Yes. You can either follow a particular process to export the mail from
Outlook into Netscape or Mozilla for Windows, then save the directory
containing the exported email and then import it into Evolution; or you
can locate "libpst" - this is a utility that SOMETIMES can import all
your folders and attachments and the likes into Evolution. The best way
to do so, though, is the "hard way" with the process as described above.

> 2) Can you syncronize Evolution to WindowsCE devices?

Sometimes. Depends on the device; best to check on the Evolution list
for further information concerning that - or better yet, check out the
Evolution section(s) at www.ximian.com

> 3) Can you syncronize Evolution to online calendars such as Yahoo?

See above.

> 4) Can you syncronize email between a Windows machine running Outlook
> and Evolution?

No.

--
Fri Jun  6 13:30:01 EST 2003
 13:30:01 up 1 day, 14:23,  3 users,  load average: 1.25, 0.97, 0.98

ARE YOU FAMILIAR WITH THE WORDS 'DEATH WAS HIS CONSTANT COMPANION'? 'But I don't
usually see you!'
(The Fifth Elephant)