On Thu, 30 Sep 1999, you wrote:
> I know the banshee is nowhere to the V3 in terms of performance, but they
> are basically the same and rely on the same drivers for linux.
> Now my question is: How did you get the 3D support going? I'm still
> desperate to play Quake3 on my linux box (but only to test our company's Q3
> server) ;o)
>
> Patrick Putteman

http://glide.xxedgexx.com/3DfxRPMS_vb_glibc.html

  There's some .rpm's and instructions at the above link.  I believe
they're also on the Mandrake CD (the rpm's, not the instructions).

  Someone mentioned that there's support in XFree 3 3 5 vga server
for 3dfx.  I tried that (the 6.1 3dfx rpm's), and it didn't work
for me.  I used the rpm's off the Mdk CD.  I used the rpm's from the
link above a coupl'a months ago when I was runnin Phat (a dos Linux
version of Mandrake 6.0).  I've since switched to the 'real' deal.

  I didn't try to get 3D goin Patrick, 'cause in Linux I don't use
it.  I built this system just to fly airplanes, and I don't figure
M$'s gonna port their flight simulators to Linux anytime too soon,
so I still  switch over to W98 for that.  The V3, clk'd to 178, with
my PII 467, 128mb ram@133mhz gets well over 100 fps in FS98 :)
    --
..      Tom Brinkman         [EMAIL PROTECTED]                 .