On Saturday June 7 2003 08:21 am, Ronald J. Hall wrote:
> Don't know if anyone else mentioned this in this thread (if Tom
> B. did, I apologise), but on my Soyo Dragon MB, I have to let
> lmsensors use the ISA bus as well as the smbus. If I don't, I
> don't get all the temps/fans/voltages.

    Nothin to apologize for Ron ;)

    I passed over that issue by advising to just accept the default
answers during 'sensors-detect'. I still think that's a good idea,
at least to start with. I have a Soyo k7vta pro, and the default
answer is ISA (Industry Standard Architecture). Another friend of
mine has an Abit, and has to choose SMB (System Management Bus)
over the default ISA. Yours is the first mention of havin to use
both I've heard. It would seem to me you'd havt'a be usin one or
the other?  'Bout the only sensors-detect oddity I get is both lm75
and lm80 modules are proposed. Either one works for my board. I've
come to favor lm75. IIRC (which I probly don't ;), if I put 'em
both in, only one gets loaded anyhow.

  rc.local has,                 modules.conf has,
modprobe i2c-viapro           alias char-major-89 i2c-dev
modprobe i2c-isa
# I2C chip drivers
modprobe lm75
modprobe eeprom