On Wednesday May 28 2003 08:33 am, Joe Hill wrote:
> On Wed, 28 May 2003 19:10:42 +1000
>
> _nasturtium <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > But not all Windows computers can read them (WinZip can't).
>
> we'll use bz2 for aaaalllll archives just to fsck with them! mua
> ha ha ha haaaa...

    .rar is pretty good, most Windoze machines can work with it. I
believe WinZip can. It's proprietary tho. I don't use it to make
archives, but I'd be lost without unrar used with File Roller when
it comes to d/l'g rar's in many parts from binary newsgroups.
There's an unrar rpm for Mandrake available from PLF,
unrar-3.20-0.beta2.1plf   I think archiver can use unrar too,I just
prefer File Roller for this task.