On Wed, 28 May 2003 11:37:19 +0200
MARTIN HENDRIK RAD <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> This makes me think: I've gone through a lot of WM's (but not pekwm) and
> I've more or less settled on Blackbox as the best for me. But I would like
> to set up a kind of launchbar for a few apps on the desktop to avoid
> "rummaging through the menu's". Or even a kind of command line box, maybe
> one that remembers recent commands so you can select from a drop-down box.
>
> Regards,
> Hendrik Martin

This is what ROX-Filer is for! I use fluxbox, which I personally think
is slightly better than Blackbox, but that's just personal preference. I
have a bar on the left side of my screen which lets me put launcher
applications on. Here is how to do it: just type "urpmi rox rox-system
rox-utils", and install the necessary packages. Then, to put a launcher
bar on the left side of the screen, type "rox -l Default". for the right
side - "rox -r Default".

Hope that helps!

- John Drouhard

--
Wed May 28 10:09:58 UTC 2003
 10:09:58 up 45 min,  1 user,  load average: 0.20, 0.14, 0.15