On Wed, 28 May 2003 05:53:27 -0700
"Myers, Dennis R NWO" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> [...]

If you want to stop it (from memory).
# cd /etc/rc.d/rc5.d/
# mv XXXkudzu ~XXXkudzu

The files in this dir are all run at init5 startup. The are run in numerical order, 1
- 99. The S prefix means it is a service (assumption). Not sure what the K prefix
means other than they are setup executables which run then exit having finished their
task.

This is where so much of the personal configurability of Linux exists. You can chop
and change these dirs to suit yourself. I have a dialup so i delete some services from
here and start them from /etc/ppp/ip-up.local instead. That way they are only running
when i am on the net.