Ok...I've been trolling news stories for more than three weeks over all
this crap with SCO and Microsoft and every other bit of thread that
comes of it - and with the recent "statement" that Mr. "I'lll sue
everyone!" Darl McBride might in turn sue Linus (yes, OUR Linus - the
writer of the Sacred Code - the same man who swore to show the world
that a monolithic kernel CAN work!), I've blown a gasket.

Three weeks ago, SCO STATED that it's not necessarily going after linux,
then a week later, it was. Waddup dog? Is the public "that bloody
stupid" that these "Corporate Heads" think that they can get away with
whatever they want just because they can get the PR and marketing?
Bullshit.

Look - I'm on a rant. I think RIGHT NOW is the time to sign up on any
petitions, send emails, whatever - just show our support (YOUR support)
for whatever reasons.

Seek out sites that have lists or petitions - do something - sign'em.
Get involved. Spread the word. Something - anything. Any type of action
is a hell of a lot better than no action at all.

Oh, and BTW, these types of discussions on mailing lists DO carry some
weight with them - for all the bandwidth, believe me, public opinion is
getting heard more now than it has in the past - so it's a matter of
making it louder and stronger.

With the last statement that Darl McBride made, though, I'm wondering
how long it's going to be before the SCO site is knocked down
again...he's treading further onto thin ice, and with Novell, Suse and
other companies now coming back at SCO, the entire game is going to be
up rather soon - so we can only hope for the best.

--
Thu May 29 11:30:01 EST 2003
 11:30:01 up 1 day, 14:03,  4 users,  load average: 1.08, 1.26, 1.23

A pedestal is as much a prison as any small, confined space.
                -- Gloria Steinem