I posted a request for opinions, experience and recommendations on
this a while back. I can't remember where it went, but it seemed that
I didn't find what I was looking for. So, I wish to ask again for any
suggestions and advice on a general purpose free-form database that
doesn't have the learning curve of Perl or SQL. The need if for me to
maintain an off-line, portable database of bits and pieces of
whatever I have learned or found. I want it to be something like
askSam, but it doesn't have to be as powerful. Flat is fine, though I
would like to be able to create and use hyperlinks within each
document. I also don't want to make this manual (like using HTML or
XML locally.)

Any ideas, suggestions? All welcomed.

TIA,