On Saturday 31 May 2003 05:17 pm, FemmeFatale wrote:
> At 07:47 AM 6/1/2003 +1000, you wrote:
> ><Snips Stephens beard>
> >
> >It's very easy to build a "Horror Show Presentation" about any Microsoft
> >OS and MS IE, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express.
> >
> >Even easier to just state that there are more than 82,000 viruses; 13 of
> >them affect linux/unix - and those 13 live in labs and not in the
> >"wild".
>
> Perhaps we aren't so safe as we think?
>
> http://www.securityfocus.net/infocus/1698
> -------------
> FemmeFatale, aka The Skirt
>
> Good Decisions Your boss Made:
> "We'll do as you suggest and go with Linux. I've always liked that
> character from Peanuts."
>
> - Source: Dilbert
Somebody got the latest worm on their M$ windows comp and it mailed itself to
me and my linux comp. So I saved it to text and opened it to see what it
looked like.  Couldn't read it cause it was text interpretation of ASCII,
duh. Anyway, I then checked over my sys and looked at all the logs, nothing
strange going on. I deleted the text file and email and feel pretty sure that
the worm didn't turn.  Seems like they have to be able to execute at root
level to work and linux doesn't allow that unless the keyboard says so.  So
maybe I'm stupid but I just had to look.  Like in the "Abyss" " You know I
had to go".
--
Dennis M. linux user #180842