On Sat, 31 May 2003 18:21:27 -0400
Thomas Williams <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On 01 Jun 2003 07:54:28 +1000
> Stephen Kuhn <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > First, I would suggest going into runlevel 3 - a console login: edit
> > your /etc/inittab and where you find:
> >
> > id:5:initdefault:
> >
> > -change to-
> >
> > id:3:initdefault:
> >
> > ...and reboot. This will still be in full multi-user mode, but without
> > the graphical login.
> >
> > You can check disk space with: df -h
> >
> > Now that you're logged in, you can fire up XWindows with: startx
> >
> > ...see if the errors are still coming up or if your disk space is
> > disappearing...
> >
> well, I used MCC to change the runlevel (I have that back now!) rebooted checked the
> space and after deleting the file .xsession-errors it goes to 9% used. I startx and
> sit there with diskfree and watch it count down the disk space. I look at
> .xsession-errors and its slowly getting bigger. The problem seems to be the error
> message that keeps getting repeated in that file, QMenuData::removeItem Index -1 out
> of range. A further oddity to all of this is that my themes are gone. And I can't
> seem to re-add them. When I select a theme I get "Theme does not contain a .themerc
> nor .theme file." Yet, I had rpmdrake install copies of these themes off of the cd's
> and there are folders for them. When I attempt to add them back in I get to the file
> dialog and I go to the folder where they are and it doesn't show a .themerc file
> even though in the filemanager I see one. This just keeps getting weirder and
> weirder. If I'm having this much trouble just revving kde then how does anyone
> update their whole system?
>
> I can only run KDE for short periods of time until the disk gets full.
>
> Tom

Aha! The light bulb came on and I figured out how to track down this problem. After
looking at the process management app I discovered that initializing klipper is the
problem. It is using up to 93% of the processor and while I can't be 100% certain, I
believe it is the one outputting those messages to .xsession-errors. So now, the next
question is, what is wrong with it and how do I fix it?

Tom