On Wed, 2003-06-04 at 12:15, Thomas Williams wrote:
> On 03 Jun 2003 15:21:16 +1000
> Stephen Kuhn <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > Generally, updating the kernel SHOULDN'T affect anything to do with KDE
> > (KDE libs, QT libs and the likes) - but the QT lib dir should live
> > underneath /usr/lib (actually, /usr/lib/qt3/lib)
> >
> > Any of the programs that require data to be kept will live under the
> > .kde directory in your ~/home/yournamegoeshere/ directory - so when
> > you're trying to seek out where a KDE proggie is keeping it's data,
> > that's where you're going to start looking.
>
> Well, which package then does klipper live in? I've tried changing the name of
> directory .kde to Pkde and it did create a new directory but klipper was still
> hanging. I suppose I could force reinstalling the QT libs if that would help, but I
> don't know. I got the impression from the error message that there was some sort of
> clipboard file somewhere that was casuing this. Perhaps not, I'm still way too into
> the Mac stuff to really understand all the nuts and bolts of KDE. I really want to
> know though, which is why I'm not letting this go, I'm hoping to learn a great deal
> of the internals of both linux and KDE.
>
> Tom

What about renaming the /usr/bin/klipper binary to something else, then
doing a reboot to see if that resolves the issue with the Klipboard?

--
Wed Jun  4 14:50:01 EST 2003
 14:50:01 up 4 days, 23:59,  3 users,  load average: 1.16, 0.63, 0.60

When Yahweh your gods has settled you in the land you're about to occupy, and
driven out many infidels before you...you're to cut them down and exterminate
them.  You're to make no compromise with them or show them any mercy.
[Deut. 7:1 (KJV)]