On Tue, 2003-06-03 at 22:28, JoeHill wrote:
> On 03 Jun 2003 21:59:15 +1000
> Stephen Kuhn <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> uttered:
>
> > "make" is a strange thing to have lost - so it would seem that either
> > the system path is mucked up or your .bash_profile is mucked up; have
> > you tried all of this as either root or a different user?
>
> no mate, it's *gone*, there was no /usr/bin/make. I did a rpm -e
> --nodeps then rpm'd it back in and all is fine. I ain't never goin thru
> that skinny elephant thing again, i'll just hard boot if I have to... :D

If your file system is foobar'ed that bad, and you've done and fsck on
that partition and it hasn't fixed any of the inodes or recovered your
data and made things "happy" again, you might consider backing up your
/home directory and doing a format/reinstallation. Hate to say it. Have
you tried doing a boot up with the installation CD and doing and fsck on
the / partition yet? Cuz that's next on the menu hometeam...

--
Tue Jun  3 22:50:01 EST 2003
 22:50:01 up 4 days,  7:59,  4 users,  load average: 0.01, 0.06, 0.17

Half the world is composed of people who have something to say and can't,
and the other half who have nothing to say and keep on saying it.