On 03 Jun 2003 22:54:22 +1000
Stephen Kuhn <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> uttered:

> If your file system is foobar'ed that bad, and you've done and fsck on
> that partition and it hasn't fixed any of the inodes or recovered your
> data and made things "happy" again, you might consider backing up your
> /home directory and doing a format/reinstallation. Hate to say it.
> Have you tried doing a boot up with the installation CD and doing and
> fsck on the / partition yet? Cuz that's next on the menu hometeam...

actually, everything seems to work fine now so far. make works.

I'll keep my fingers crossed. I hate the reinstall route unless it's
really necessary, like I can't boot no matter what, you know what i
mean?

we shall see.

thanks mastah Kuhn...

-- Joehill
 Registered Linux user #282046
 Homepage: http://nodex.sytes.net
 08:56:58 up  7:05,  1 user,  load average: 0.02, 0.07, 0.03