ed tharp wrote:
On Tue, 2003-06-03 at 17:31, Robin Turner wrote:

Brian Parish wrote:

On Mon, 2003-06-02 at 00:55, Robin Turner wrote:

I've been playing around with kppp. Two questions:

1. Are my frequent Mozilla crashes anything to do with the fact that I now have it opening on connect rather than manually?

2. Is there a way to get kppp to connect on startup?

Sir Robin

Regarding point 2, just put a:

ifup ppp0

in an appropriate /etc/init.d file.  Doing this will cause it to
automatically redial if the link dies.  Is that what you wanted?

I now use DSL, but back in the dial-up days, I used a script controlled
by a simple flag file mechanism to enable anyone on my home LAN to put
the link up or down.  You are welcome to that if the solution above is
too inflexible.

I'm not sure if your script is what I'm looking for, but I'd like to see it (it would also be useful to post it here for the benefit of the masses!).

And a word to KDE developers - the user-friendly graphic help pages are very nice, but please write man pages in the normal format. A Linux/Unix app without a man page is like a Perl script without perldoc.

Sir Robin

man pppd is your freind, as is /etc/ppp/options a file to confige such
options as demand and idle settings

Aha! I'd tried "man ppp" - forgot to dial D for daemon, though. Should be plain sailing from here.

Sir Robin

--
"A Perl script is "correct" if it gets the job done before your boss fires you."
- Larry Wall

Robin Turner
IDMYO
Bilkent Univeritesi