John Rye wrote:
On Mon, 02 Jun 2003 01:55:27 +0100
Robin Turner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I've been playing around with kppp. Two questions:

1. Are my frequent Mozilla crashes anything to do with the fact that I
now have it opening on connect rather than manually?

Are these 'crashes' or disconnects? If disconnects edit your
/etc/ppp/options as follows (man pppd for details):

lock                            # prevents other connects to the modem
noauth                        # prevents authentication requests
defaultroute                # sets the current route to the IP
lcp-max-configure 25 # this one helps with slow logon handshakes
ipcp-accept-local       # accepts local ip address as set by ISP
ipcp-accept-remote   # as above for remote address
idle 600                      # time in seconds before automatic hangup
debug                        # Can't remember this one , bugger:-))

They're crashes; Moz dies but the ppp connection stays up. Thanks for the info, anyway.

Sir Robin

--
"A Perl script is "correct" if it gets the job done before your boss fires you."
- Larry Wall

Robin Turner
IDMYO
Bilkent Univeritesi