On Wednesday 04 Jun 2003 7:28 am, Richard Urwin wrote:
> On Tuesday 03 Jun 2003 8:56 pm, Anne Wilson wrote:
> > Not a leg-pull.  I can't tell you what the difference is, but it
> > exists.  For instance, on my keyboard, if I use Rt-Alt+4 I get ¤,
> > but if I use left-Alt + 4 I get nothing at all.
>
> IIUC, the right Alt, "Alt Gr" is used to construct accented
> characters etc. in locales that require it. In my (UK) locale it
> produces different characters, but not accents.

I think that's because the EN character set doesn't have them in the
first set (the second half of the set is not normally accessed).  I
don't know anything about using more than one character set, but some
here do that.  If you need it they can probably point you at the
answer.

Meanwhile, if you only need it occasionally, and in word processed
documents, KWord can accept the Alt-numberpad characters from the
extended set.  HTH

Anne