On Wednesday 04 June 2003 02:04 pm, Neal Johnson wrote:
> system:  dell inspiron 8000 with ati rage mobility 32mb
> video card i have made it to the point where i need to
> select my monitor, video driver etc.  no matter what
> configuration i try to use i get the error that screens were
> found but non are usable.  i have been through all the
> generic settings, all of the dell laptop monitor settings,
> and i cannot get it to work. has anyone else had this
> problem and found a solution? thanks
> neal

That reminds me : I have an ATI Rage Pro card, and every
attempt to test during the install failed, even though MDK
found the correct driver (UTAH). However, just bypassing the
test and carrying on solved the problem. I guess the *test*
script is defunct somehow, at least on ATI cards.

HTH

Kaj Haulrich.
--
Registered Linux user  # 214073 at http://counter.li.org