Hello,

As a complete newbie, I didn't realize the value of the comments in
the original conf files, and didn't know that the various setup
programs would overwrite so many of the comments. It would be nice to
see all the originals. Is there a place on the install disks where
these are stored? At first glance, it seems as though these are
'installed' via rpms - if so, wouldn't this overwrite the ones I have
now?

How can I get copies of the originals, which I would rename as .orig,
of course.

--
Best regards,
 rikona                          mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]