I am assuming a recent upgrade of KDE from 3.1 to 3.1.2 may have caused some
undesired changes.  Before the desktop shorcuts for my CD drive and CD-RW
drive functioned as expected, CD players saw CD's in my drive, abcde ripped
and encoded CDs placed in the CD drive, etc.  Now, these shortcuts no longer
work and point to nothing.  HardDrake has the drives identified as /dev/hdd
(CD drive) and /dev/scd0 (CD-RW).  I never really had to reference the devfs
device names.  Also, file managers say I (as a user) do not have permission
anymore to these devices.  AAHHH!!

What is the most effective way to fix this?  I'd like to easily play CD's
again and use abcde.

Here is my fstab.  I would assume changes should be made here?:

/dev/hda1 / ext3 defaults 1 1
none /dev/pts devpts mode=0620 0 0
/dev/hda6 /home ext3 defaults 1 2
/dev/scsi/host1/bus0/target0/lun0/cd /mnt/cdrecorder auto ro,noauto,user,exec
0 0
none /mnt/cdrom supermount
dev=/dev/scd0,fs=auto,ro,--,iocharset=iso8859-1,codepage=850 0 0
none /mnt/cdrom2 supermount
dev=/dev/hdd,fs=auto,ro,--,iocharset=iso8859-1,codepage=850 0 0
none /mnt/floppy supermount
dev=/dev/fd0,fs=auto,--,iocharset=iso8859-1,sync,codepage=850 0 0
none /mnt/zip supermount
dev=/dev/sda4,fs=auto,--,iocharset=iso8859-1,codepage=850 0 0
none /proc proc defaults 0 0
/dev/hda5 swap swap defaults 0 0

Thanks in advance for any assistance!