Somebody's got a bad linelength set :)

On Fri, 1 Oct 1999, Martin White wrote:

> Or should that be SUCCESS!!
>
> Just to confirm - recompiling your kernel without version information on
> modules DOES allow you to force the insertion of the current module

Could just be me but Uh, why does it need forced still? I thought that was
the whole point of recompileing was so it'd autoload like any normal
driver.

> available from Creative. On successful reboot you get all the glorious
> sounds you would expect from your most wonderful Sound Blaster Live!!!

Snazzy i thought that was a part of the driver not the device :)

> Now, the next question is how to write this up in a newbie friendly way ;o)
>
> If i think of something easy i'll post again - of course the easiest
> would be for the next kernel from Mandrake to be compiled this way in
> the first place!.
> Don't know if anyone from Mandrake is listening, but how about it guys?
> - would save a lot of people a lot of hassle, not to mention myself the
> bandwidth of putting of a new kernel RPM up on my website.

I'm not a kernel guru but i'm pretty sure thats going to cause us problems

--
MandrakeSoft          http://www.mandrakesoft.com/
                                        --Axalon