On Sun, 2003-06-08 at 10:11, Poogle wrote:
> ><snip>
> > When I do  cat /proc/bus/usb/devices I get exactly that, except for the
> > ProdID that is different from yours e26. My ProdID 0x208f is similar to
> > that shown on http://snapscan.sourceforge.net/ so that part seems to be
> > in order.
> >
> > Marco
>
> O.K.
> Make sure that your snape50.bin is executable
>
> Now from the command line type   sane-find-scanner
>
> within the output from this you should see these lines (I've taken mine and
> put the id numbers for the e50 usb in)
>
> found USB scanner (vendor=0x06bd, product=0x208f) at /dev/usb/scanner0
> found USB scanner (vendor=0x06bd, product=0x208f) at libusb:002:002
>
> Now assuming you see this again from the command line type scanimage -L
> and you should get this:-
> device `snapscan:/dev/usb/scanner0' is a AGFA SNAPSCAN flatbed scanner
>
> If you don't get all or any of these results post your output here.

Again the output is as you described above. No surprises there. It seems
that whatever I do, my scanner is recognized, but that somehow
Scannerdrake fails to add it to the list of configured scanners. Every
time I try again, it doesn't find any configured scanners, only new
ones.

Also I noticed that when I boot my machine, configuring the scanner and
starting Xsane performs at a normal speed. When I try again, it takes
much more time. It seems to me the hardware detection takes much longer.
Is this an indication of something familiar?

Marco
--
Registered Linux user #268279

* This message is composed on a 100% Microsoft free computer *