On Sun, 2003-06-08 at 10:57, Leon Adato wrote:
> OK, this is a pre-emptive "howto" question. Meaning I haven't tried it
> at all, but wanted to gather knowledge first and experience afterward.
> It goes against every ounce of testosterone in my body, of course,
> because it is tantamount to reading the manual, but I'm willing to
> cope with the fallout of that choice.
>
> Environment:
> Home network (linksys DSL router if it matters)
> "main" PC is a Win2k workstation box that is sharing printers and
> drives
> "laptop" is running Mandrake 9.1
> printers are a Samsung ML-1430 laser and an HP Photosmart 1115
>
> I would like to connect from the laptop to the printers and print.
> Nothing special, just print out emails, Office.org documents, etc.
>
> I will take my answers in teh form of "go read this HOWTO" or "xxx
> application is the key grasshopper - go there and seek knowledge
> further", or even cryptic anagrams which contain web links to the
> answer.
>
> Thanks in advance
> Leon Adato

I will assume that you have shared your printer in Windows.

Open Mandrake Control Center->Hardware->Printers (or enter printerdrake
in a root terminal).

Click on Add a New Printer, select a Printer on SMB/Windows and follow
instructions to connect to your network printer.

--
    __
   / \\   @       __     __    @   Adolfo Bello / [EMAIL PROTECTED]