At 02:49 PM 6/8/2003 -0700, you wrote:
Hello Cody,

Sunday, June 8, 2003, 1:10:05 PM, you wrote:

CH> It took 4 hours to install MDK 8.1, and 60 mins for Windoze.

Perhaps 9.1 is faster. Also, I included the time to install apps as
well, not just the OS (even though linux installed faster than
Win2000). I put around 30 apps on each, and this is where the time
difference really shows up. I can't tell you how tired I got from
rebooting Win2000 for the 30th time. :-) Linux is clearly better in
installing new apps.

I don't restart after every install. Most of the time it runs anyways without a problem and restarting is unneeded. But if i do have to restart, i only restart AFTER i'm done.

CH> My friends all have Windoze.

Likewise, but there is significant interest in other OS's.

CH> They send me windoze programs and we play Windoze games and run
CH> Windoze stuff.

I run a LOT of Win apps, mostly 'serious' software. I rarely play
games. If your main interest is in playing games, especially the very
latest game craze, Win is probably better.

Once and awhile it's good stress reliver if you play GTA3.

--
Thank you,
 rikona                            mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

-Cody Harris

+------------------------+
| Linux Rox My Sox!      |
| Check out HCHS!        |
| http://vectec.net     |
| Proud to use Mandrake Linux 8.1 as a server.  |
| Not proud to use Windows as a primary server. |
| Registered Linux user #315598      |
| Registered Linux Computer #200951  |
| Wrote on a Windoze Computer :(     |