In my domain.com.hosts file,  I  have the following contents:

domain.com. IN      SOA     ns1.domain.com. yves.carrefour.peicaps.org. (
                        1055162570
                        10800
                        3600
                        604800
                        38400 )
domain.com. IN      NS      ns1.domain.com.
domain.com. IN      A       24.222.21.54
www.ilebranchee.ca.     IN      A       24.222.21.54
mail.domain.com.    IN      CNAME   domain.com.
domain.com. IN      MX      10 mail.domain.com

Are there any other files that you would like to see?

Yves Arsenault
Carrefour Infotech
5, Acadian Dr.
Charlottetown, PEI