OK, so here's the deal. Come Monday I will be getting DSL from sprint installed. When
I mentioned running linux it didn't seem to be a problem for them. I'm still running
8.1 and will be until after I get the DSL up and working. I want to continue the
connection sharing that I've been running with the PPP setup. I believe I can still do
this with the DSL. I have a mini-hub. I have a bunch of questions:

1). Do I connect the DSL modem to the hub and then direct my machine to communicate
with the IP configuration they give me?

2). Assuming that is the case (Yeah, I know all about _assuming_) will the current
configuration of connection sharing continue to work with the DSL? In other words, is
all I have to do is reconfigure my internet connection to use the DSL and the other
machine on my mini-lan will still see it using the current connection sharing
configuration?

3). Provided this all works as I think it will the next step is to download the 9.1
images. Are there any gotchas I should be worried about?

4). Will 9.1 also do the connection sharing like 8.1 does?

Here's my real concern, I don't want to be spending two or three days trying to get
everything squared away and working. I want to be able to know all the hazards and
gotchas upfront so that it will be a relatively painless switch over. Can this be
done? Bear in mind that while I am a programmer that was for macs, on linux I'm
somewhere between novice and intermediate.

Tom Williams