Quoting Thomas Williams <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

I want to continue the connection sharing that I've been
> running with the PPP setup.

You actually don't need to do this, unless you want to.  Even if the ISP
only gives you one IP address, the DSL modem will take that address.  Then,
you can have the DSL modem do NAT (Network Address Translation) and connect
all the computers directly up without having to share the connection.

> 1). Do I connect the DSL modem to the hub and then direct my machine to
> communicate with the IP configuration they give me?

Yes.

> 2). Assuming that is the case (Yeah, I know all about _assuming_) will
> the current configuration of connection sharing continue to work with the
> DSL? In other words, is all I have to do is reconfigure my internet
> connection to use the DSL and the other machine on my mini-lan will still
> see it using the current connection sharing configuration?

Shouldn't have a problem, but I'm not 100% sure on this answer.

> 3). Provided this all works as I think it will the next step is to
> download the 9.1 images. Are there any gotchas I should be worried
> about?

I haven't had any, but others seem to have problems.  I have now installed
on 4 machines without any problems.

> 4). Will 9.1 also do the connection sharing like 8.1 does?

I never did it in 8.1 or 9.1 so can't answer that one.

Troy Davidson
Linux User #311107

Follow the adventures of a
real life computer and
      gaming nerd!

   www.clandaith.com

** This messages was composed on a 100% Microsoft free computer **