JoeHill wrote:

On Tue, 10 Jun 2003 10:21:59 +0100
John Richard Smith <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> uttered:

So does that mean going back to main on easy to go through that long
list of rebuilding ?

Hi John,

I thought this looked familiar, sorry your prev post didn't get an
answer, I had it checked but missed it til just now.

It looks like only contrib and texstar are giving you trouble (texstar
has been a headache from day 1 with 9.1 for me). I have found a couple
of mirrors that are pretty reliable. You can update them in MCC pretty
easily:

ftp://ftp.rutgers.edu/pub/mandrake/Mandrake/9.1/contrib/RPMS

and

ftp://mirrors.usc.edu/pub/linux/distributions/mandrake/updates/9.1/RPMS

in MCC, just go to sources and replace the URL for each source (click
"edit"...).

they are not in the UK, but hey, I don't get any Canadian mirrors... :D

It doesn't seem to like the way I do it,

[EMAIL PROTECTED] root]# urpmi.addmedia texstar ftp://mirrors.usc.edu/pub/linux/distributions/mandrake/updates/9.1/RPMS

usage: urpmi.addmedia [options] <name> <url> [with <relative_path>]
where <url> is one of
file://<path>
removable://<path>

and [options] are from
 --help         - print this help message.

<big snip >

-f - force generation of hdlist files.

`with' missing for ftp media
[EMAIL PROTECTED] root]#