JoeHill wrote:

On Tue, 10 Jun 2003 13:01:49 +0100
John Richard Smith <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> uttered:

It doesn't seem to like the way I do it,

[EMAIL PROTECTED] root]# urpmi.addmedia texstar ftp://mirrors.usc.edu/pub/linux/distributions/mandrake/updates/9.1/RPMS

`with' missing for ftp media
[EMAIL PROTECTED] root]#

it needs that "with" at the end to tell it where the "list" of rpms resides on the server. It's easiest just to go to Mdk Ctrl Ctr and update the URL in your sources list.

from command line (all one command):

urpmi.addmedia texstar
ftp://ftp.ibiblio.org/pub/Linux/distributions/contrib/texstar/mandrake/9.1/rpms
with hdlist.cz

for contrib, if you still need it:

urpmi.addmedia contrib
ftp://ftp.rutgers.edu/pub/mandrake/Mandrake/9.1/contrib/RPMS with
../../i586/Mandrake/base/hdlist2.cz

sorry about the confusion.

Umm, well it works, but !

[EMAIL PROTECTED] root]# urpmi.addmedia texstar ftp://ftp.ibiblio.org/pub/Linux/distributions/contrib/texstar/mandrake/9.1/rpms with hdlist.cz
medium "texstar" already exists
[EMAIL PROTECTED] root]#

and,

[EMAIL PROTECTED] root]# urpmi.addmedia contrib ftp://ftp.rutgers.edu/pub/mandrake/Mandrake/9.1/contrib/RPMS with ../../i586/Mandrake/base/hdlist2.cz
medium "contrib" already exists
[EMAIL PROTECTED] root]#

So what next, I try to urpmi a new app and get told this or that needs updating,
I try to update the easy site stuff and get told my urpmidb needs updating ???

I'm one confused person.

John

--
John Richard Smith