On Tuesday 10 Jun 2003 12:47 pm, David Hlacik wrote:
> David Hlacik
>
> On Tue, 10 Jun 2003, Derek Jennings wrote:
> > On Tuesday 10 Jun 2003 8:23 am, David Hlacik wrote:
> > > My fetchmail is allways sending me mail from root@
> > >
> > > fetchmail daemon
> > > error common name mismatch! localhost.localdomain != dipsy.pod.cvut.cz
> > > .
> > >
> > > It is allways sending me this messing while checking mail, he is
> > > running as daemon.
> > >
> > > David Hlacik
> >
> > It appears to be saying you do not have your hostname defined. (
> > /etc/sysconfig/network)
> >
> > If its not that, then please post your /etc/fetchmailrc file (without
> > passwords!)
>
> poll dipsy.pod.cvut.cz
>       proto IMAP
>       via dipsy.pod.cvut.cz
>       user "b..."
>       pass "......"
>
> Thanks for Help
>
> David

I have no experience of using IMAP with fetchmail, but I wonder what that
'via' command is doing?  The manual says it is to  "Specify  DNS  name  of
mailserver, overriding poll name" Since it is the same as the poll name it
seems redundant.

Also you do not have an "is" command. The normal format of a fetchmail line is
:-
poll pop.provider.net proto pop3
             user "jsmith", with password secret1, is "jsmith" here

Finally if you put in some global parameters such as :-

set postmaster "your_user"
set syslog

Then any errors will alert you, and there will be a detailed error log in
/var/log/syslog

HTH

derek
--