On Wed, 2003-06-11 at 09:03, LeaAnne Kolp wrote:
> Does anyone know why download.com stopped having
> downloads for linux? Or is it a M$ thing where they
> threatened them and therefore linux went out the door?

I would think it's two things, possibly three

1.) The linux download section of Download.com rarely if ever gets any
traffic, and all the entries are more than just outdated - a good number
of them were dead links; their partner, ZDnet, has more activity and is
a bit more better suited to linux - so by getting rid of that archive,
they're making for easier work on the staff.

2.) CNet isn't exactly the place where linux freaks go - articles,
specials and the likes are more aimed at either Windows or Macs. It IS a
great archive for Macintosh - and not really a good one for Windows
anymore. They're sagging in popularity as it stands, and CNet's
reputation isn't what it was five years ago.

3.) They're frightened of the SCO scam, and being a Microsoft puppet,
they're pulling it just because they've been told to pull it.

--
Wed Jun 11 14:20:00 EST 2003
 14:20:00 up 4 days, 11 min,  3 users,  load average: 0.27, 0.16, 0.06

No flight ever leaves on time unless you are running late and need the delay to make
the flight
                -- Murphy's Laws for Frequent Flyers n1