Hello,
I'm installing Mandrake for an association that I'm part of and I'm having trouble getting x configured on a dual boot pc with a newly installed Madrake 9.1. I got all the graphics card info from windows which tells me that the graphic card is;
S3 Grphics ProSavage DDR with 32Mb memory and a "S3 P4M266" chip set.
I didn't open the box to check it and the documentation doesn't say what the card actually is. >From the position of the video port it looks like the grafics card might be inetgrated into the motherboard.
X just won't start. I've tried all the savage drivers but none of them pass the test during installation. I skipped the X set up during installation and then went and tried again with XFdrake but still no luck. I've tried both the versions of XFree86 offered to me during installation. Using XFdrake I checked that the monitor is set up ok and it has used  values which exactly match the values in the manual so I'm pretty sure the autodetect has worked well for the monitor.
Sorry if this is a tough one but I'm really stuck. Many thanks in advance to anyone who can help.

Ciao,
Daniel Hutton

P.S I love 9.1, it's first time I've tried Mandrake and I've already put it on 3 computers.