On Saturday 14 Jun 2003 12:30 pm, manolis wrote:
> well I fought with named, shorewall, conf files and finally I made internet
> sharing manually to work!!!!!
>
> One question:
> in my policy file of shorewall i edited like this to have samba and
> internet sharing all together.
>
> masq  net     ACCEPT
> loc   net     ACCEPT
> fw    net     ACCEPT
> fw    masq    ACCEPT
> masq  fw      ACCEPT
> net   all     DROP    info
> all   all     REJECT  info
>
> Can someone tell me what holes may I opened with the above.
> I mean is there a problem with internet intrusion in my network?

What you have done is allowed  total access to the Internet from the firewall
and the local network, and between the local network and the firewall, but
allowed no access from the Internet into your firewall or the local network.
So long as you trust the clients in your local network that is fine

If you want to open up specific ports you do that in the /etc/shorewall/rules
file

You can test your firewall here
http://scan.sygatetech.com/

derek