On Sun, 2003-06-15 at 10:37, JoeHill wrote:
> On 15 Jun 2003 10:16:29 +1000
> Brian Parish <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> uttered:
>
> > Sounds like the file system is corrupt.  Have you tried fsck on this
> > partition?
>
> everything else is fine. only that directory is screwed. I am not
> familiar with fsck, but from the man page it seems to be a big stick for
> a little problem. one thing I am not clear on, is there any way like
> fsck to just apply to the affected directory?

Have you tried to rename that directory, or move the contents of that
directory elsewhere, then delete the directory, then recreate the
directory and move all the old contents back into it?

--
Sun Jun 15 10:55:00 EST 2003
 10:55:00 up 1 day, 18:09,  3 users,  load average: 0.37, 0.62, 0.62

"Can you imagine how life could be improved if we could do away with
jealousy, greed, hate ..."

"It can also be improved by eliminating love, tenderness, sentiment --
the other side of the coin"
                -- Dr. Roger Corby and Kirk, "What are Little Girls Made Of?",
                   stardate 2712.4