On Sat, 14 Jun 2003 21:05:33 -0500, Dennis Myers <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On Saturday 14 June 2003 08:46 pm, JoeHill wrote:
On 15 Jun 2003 10:55:46 +1000

Stephen Kuhn <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> uttered:
> Have you tried to rename that directory, or move the contents of that
> directory elsewhere, then delete the directory, then recreate the
> directory and move all the old contents back into it?

I can rename the dir, but I can't delete, move, or even list the
contents of the directory. :(

Also, fsck says it only applies to ext2 filesystems, and I'm on ext3. Is
that true that it will only check ext2?

somebody jump in here but does not "ext3fsck" work like fsck?

Joe,

I just looked at man e2fsck.... looks like it might be what you need for ext3.
It