I have a Linksys router/gateway that has the ability to dynamically open
ports and port ranges when a certain executable is requesting to do so
from a network client. This has worked very well from Windows clients using
NetMeeting, ICQ or MSN Messenger for video conferencing and chat
sessions, respectively. To do this, I just have to access the router's
Web-based interface and assign the name of the executable to the ports I
wish to open when the program is running.

I've got LICQ configured on my MDK 9.1 workstation with my ICQ accounts.
I tried to open the needed ports on my router for a full chat session,
but it doesn't seem to be working. I cannot create a peer-to-peer chat
session, just IM. Obviously, the router is not seeing 'licq' as the
program requesting the use of the ports needed to do so. Could this be a
syntax error on my part? Isn't the name of the executable running,
'licq'?

Does anyone know what I am missing?

TIA,