[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

win98se

are you updated? w98se oem, w/o updates may not have correct support .dll's etc, for cd burner and nti 2k+ may not fully support a non updated w98se.

sofware houses think every body updates.

4 - what is model of cd burner?

_this_is_a_must_know_ to find out if burner program will fully control cdrw drive.

when your system boots, note what your bios says about cdrom.

if you can boot knoppix, you can find info in system hardware menu.

5 - what cd burner prog are you using?
NTI CD Maker 2000 Plus.....OEM version for my CD drive

what is full version and rev number of prog?

even tho it came with drive, it is possible that prog does not
fully talk to burner. '2000 plus' is only insured to work in
current ms os, that is, releases after w98se.

a slick way out by cdrom drive "labeler's" is that latest vers
of nt, me, and 2k, will support most cd burners of 32x and better.
wrong versions of 'nero burn' are know to have been shipped with a
lot of 42x burners.

roxio, easy cd creator v5.2 and later will work in w98se up to 52x.
i have tried nero and several other cd burner progs, and have yet
to find an easier to use, cover all oems, than what roxio does,
as it's name is, easy cd.

6 - are you using any type of firewall with ms?
no firewalls

bad. very, very, bad. how often do you reinstall from being hacked? :)

if nothing else, get a freeware copy of zonealarm and install it.

run md5 test on all downloads.

+++++ it is 2:00 am cdst, at mem, tn. i need to crash.

get cd drive model and prog ver back to me and i will check on them tomorrow,
later today. it will take a little time to verify, will post asap.

peace out.

tc,hago.

.
--