On Mon, 16 Jun 2003 22:25:59 +0100
Anne Wilson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> This is listing the various stanzas, so you wouldn't expect to see the
> details.

Ya, you won't see anything about the cd drives when you run lilo.

> > About the /etc/fstab file: This is what is currently in there.
> >
> > /dev/hda6 / ext3 defaults 1 1
> > none /dev/pts devpts mode=0620 0 0
> > none /dev/shm tmpfs defaults 0 0
> > /dev/hda8 /home ext3 defaults 1 2
> > /mnt/floppy /mnt/floppy supermount
> > dev=/dev/fd0,fs=vfat,--,iocharset=iso8859-1,umask=0,sync,codepage=8
> >50 0 0
> > /mnt/hdb /mnt/hdb supermount dev=/dev/hdb,fs=auto,--,user 0 0
> > /mnt/scd0 /mnt/scd0 supermount
> > dev=/dev/scd0,fs=auto,--,user,iocharset=iso8859-1,suid 0 0
> > /dev/hda1 /mnt/win_c vfat iocharset=iso8859-1,umask=0,codepage=850
> > 0 0 /dev/hda5 /mnt/win_d vfat
> > iocharset=iso8859-1,umask=0,codepage=850 0 0 none /proc proc
> > defaults 0 0
> > /dev/hda7 swap swap defaults 0 0
> >
> > What must I edit and how? My CDRW drive is mounted as hdb and my
> > old CD ROM is mounted as scd0 I believe.
> >
> > Again thanks for all the help and considerable patience!
> >
> It look absolutely fine to me.  And your reading of the cd-rom and
> cd-rw positions is correct.  Go ahead, now try it.  Everything should
> be ok.

Ya, try it, but if it is backwards (cd rom drive is scd0 and cdrw is
hdb, then try changing all occurrences of scd0 to whatever your other cd
drive was mounted as, like hdc or something. Then, change hdb to scd0.
So, on your machine, the lines would like something like this

none /mnt/cdrw supermount dev=/dev/scd0,fs=auto,ro,--,user 0 0
none /mnt/cdrom supermount dev=/dev/hdc,fs=auto,--,user,iocharset=iso8859-1,suid 0 0

Change the last line so that dev=whatever device your cdrom drive is.
All this is only if it doesn't work after you try it.

HTH,
John Drouhard

--
Mon Jun 16 18:11:39 UTC 2003
They told me to install Windows 98 or better, so I installed Linux.