At 06:50 PM 6/16/2003 -0400, you wrote:

In trying to setup a full chat session with a friend (that is,
peer-to-peer, not using the ICQ servers), she was able to statically
open 1024 and away we went. For a full chat session, that's probably all
that's needed, but you are also doing file-sharing this way? What ports
are you opening? port 5000 or 8000?

My Linksys is a BEFSR41. Four fully Switched ports, Cable Modem or DSL
capable.

If I can figure out how to get Linux to use the Port Triggering, I'll
let you know.

I can't get the damn router to do port triggering nevermind the OS itself.

i've got:

Use the following ports to listen for incoming connections: FROM: 20001 TO: 20019

yes i do filesharing. I jsut then opened that range on the router. Done.

------------- FemmeFatale, aka The Skirt

Good Decisions Your boss Made:
"We'll do as you suggest and go with Linux. I've always liked that
character from Peanuts."

- Source: Dilbert