On Monday 16 June 2003 11:44 pm, Technoslick wrote:

> I bought an Epson C82 earlier in the year but found I couldn't get it to
> network properly off of my Intel print server. I ended up giving it to
> my wife as a direct printer to her computer. Bought me some points, if
> nothing else. ;0) It's a nice printer, nonetheless.

<laughing> Yes, we must ensure "domestic tranquility" eh? :-)

> Yes. Sounds like the setting in your router is to keep lease assignments
> indefinitely. I think that was the way mine was by default.
>
> BTW, one of the undesirable aspects of the D-Link DI-701 was the way you
> could program it. Instead of a nice and easy Web access, you had to
> either use their Windows software on a PC directly connected to it via
> serial cable, or telnet into it through the cable. What a pain in the
> ass that was. Has this changed with your model?

That definitely has changed. Now, using any browser under Linux, (I usually
use Mozilla) you log onto the Dlinks assigned IP address, enter a password
and bingo, everything is configurable via HTML pages.

Nice and easy. I already setup 2 new rules under "filters" so I can turn my 12
and 9 year olds comps 'Net access off at will, still leaving the LAN stuff
going for them. This is for when they are home and I'm not. Not that I don't
trust them. <grin>

BTW, this Dlinks' model number is DI-604.

--

                                                             /\
                                                   Dark<>Lord